Vehicle Refurbishment Apprentice
Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £5.00 - £8.21 per hour
Full-time Apprenticeships Available
Are you looking to build a career in the Automotive Industry? Looking for an apprenticeship programme with Hands-on experience? Do you have a passion for cars and the automotive industry?
If the answer to the above is YES and you are available on 20th January to attend an assessment centre from 1pm at Long Bennington, then we want to hear from YOU!
If successful, you will be joining us in our state-of-the-art vehicle refurbishment cenre in Long Bennington. This will be a apprenticeship opportunity in MET, Paint or Panel, with the opportunity to progress into different departments as you grow and develop with Smart Fleet Solutions.
Playing a vital role within our refurbishment process, you will be working alongside a supportive team and in-house Technical Trainer, alongside our apprenticeship provider.
The training will be a mix of onsite mentoring support and offsite training with our provider, fully funded by Smart Fleet Solutions. This will mean you are away for 1 week fully expensed every 12 weeks during your apprenticeship. Additional training and assessments will also be carried out on our Long Bennington site. :
The hours of work for the role are Monday-Friday 08:30am – 5:30pm, with a 15 minute break in the morning and 15 minute in the afternoon with 30 minutes for lunch
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Driven (excuse the pun)
- Motivated to learn
- Passionate about cars and vehicles
- Able to use tablets and hand-held software
- Flexible towards working hours and overtime
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Willingness to embrace product and customer training when required
- Excellent communication skills with a mature and professional approach
- Ready for hard work and a rewarding career
- Motivated to learn new things daily
This is an opportunity that will develop you into a skilled Vehicle Technician.
Up for the challenge? you need to be....
- You will start with us as an Apprentice Refurbishment Technician
- You will be training away from home off site at our Training providers - travel and accommodation covered by Smart Fleet Solutions
- We will continue to invest in your development to up skill over time with us and provide opportunities for progression working in partnership with our Group Technical Trainer, site mentors, apprenticeship provider and Managers
Your hourly pay will increase as you improve and become more productive
Why Smart Fleet Solutions?
More about us:
- Smart Fleet Solutions is one of the UK’s leading providers of technical solutions to major fleet operators and vehicle manufacturers
- We assist our customers to unlock the value of every vehicle through the end-to-end de-fleeting services including vehicle inspection, refurbishment, repair and storage.
- Smart Fleet Solutions brings its heritage to the de-fleeting process, developing its own IT solutions and using the latest smart repair technology to help customers sell their vehicles as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- With four state-of-the-art technical centres in Wiltshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Scotland, the company can meet the needs of the fleet operators across the UK and has established its own training academy to develop the next generation of technical experts.
Join our growing team at one of our refurbishment centres and benefit from the following:
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Benefits and reward scheme – discounts from 100s of top retailers (reloadable discount card, instant vouchers, cash back)
- Development and future promotion opportunities
Apply for this position
Apply now & upload your CV to the recruitment team for review.
Candidates must be able to attend the assessment center on Monday 20th January at Long Bennington