Position: Group Technical Services Manager
Location: Frequent travel to sites with some home working and central office base in Staffordshire
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + excellent bonus + benefits
Position reports to: Head of Operations
Direct reports to this role: General Managers (x4 sites), Technical Training Support Manager, Group Inspection & Quality Manager, Group Logistics Manager
Smart Fleet Solutions are market leaders in Vehicle refurbishment working with some of the largest fleets and vehicle manufacturers in the world. Our highly trained teams are experts in all aspects of the technical services process, including collection and vehicle appraisal, refurbishment, storage, loose-item management and vehicle imagery. With 4 sites across the UK and our constant investment in new technology, not only do we stay at the forefront of the refurbishment industry, we are continually growing.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Group Technical Services Manager will develop and deliver a streamlined nation-wide strategy to maximise production efficiency and customer value. With a growth mindset the successful individual will lead and develop a team of General Managers to produce results that consistently exceed customer expectations. Responsible for the productivity and performance of each site, the Group Technical Services Manager will ensure robust processes and procedures alongside high levels of employee engagement.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Leadership of the technical function and contribution to future operational strategy.
· Support and liaise with the General Managers to develop and implement strategy for the refurbishment and inspection teams at each site.
· Lead and develop the Technical management teams to achieve individual and site objectives, encouraging growth and continuous improvement.
· Ensure robust management and control of expenditure for each site within agreed budgets.
· Develop a close relationship with onsite managers and provide support and guidance to ensure KPIs are met.
· Continually look to upskill and develop all site management teams through comprehensive and effective training and development plans.
· Produce, in collaboration with Site management and HR, robust succession plans, identifying talent and potential to support our continuous improvement.
· Work with Site Management, HR and the Technical Training Support Manager to develop and execute comprehensive training and development plans across operations supporting overall business objectives.
Choosing the right person is important to us as we continue to grow our family of now over 500 employees. To ensure we choose the right candidate for the role, we are looking for someone who will be a key driver for growth whilst focusing on fast-paced delivery and talent development
Knowledge, Experience and skills:
· An understanding and experience of the motor industry at the highest level.
· Proven P&L management experience with a demonstratable background in exceeding expectations.
· Proven successful leadership within an automotive environment.
· Knowledgeable individual within the automotive sector understanding both the current and future challenges the sector faces.
· Proven ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider facts, goals, constraints and risks
· Knowledge of the latest motor industry best practices.
· Strong technical and product knowledge with a proven track record.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to motivate a team, especially at times of great pressure
· Initiative to problem solve in real time
· Exceptional people skills with the ability to empower and grow direct reports and cascade a people first approach across the business.
· Ability to deliver exceptional results through direct reports and wider teams
· An inspirational charismatic leader.
· Desirable: Degree or relevant professional qualification educated
Join our growing Family and benefit from the following:
· Company Car & Fuel Card
· Private Healthcare
· Excellent bonus scheme
· Company Pension Scheme
· 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
· Benefits and reward scheme – discounts from 100s of top retailers (reloadable discount card, instant vouchers, cash back)
· Progressive salary
Apply for this position