Trainee vehicle inspectors
Location: Cold Meece
Salary - £18,137.60
Salary Banding: £DOE dependant on experience + team related bonus scheme based on efficiency and targets
Location: Cold Meece
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.30-17.00, shifts may be necessary between 07.00am and 19.00pm
About the role:
Due to the growth here at Smart Fleet Solutions and exciting new contracts we are pleased to be recruiting for a Trainee Vehicle Inspector to join our Inspections team at ….
This opportunity would allow the successful candidate to join our Smart Fleet Family with access to the hugely successful, extensive and progressive training opportunities happening throughout the business.
You will be a vital part of our Inspections Team, dealing with a range of diagnostic, electrical and mechanical issues using the latest diagnostic equipment, duties would include:
Duties will include:
- Conducting full interior and exterior assessments on all types of vehicles and light commercial vehicles
- Use keen eye to identify damage identifying repair methods and quality control
- Identify and report on vehicles that have experienced previous repair
- Record results and imaging to customer standard using handheld electronic tablet, be fully conversant with our bespoke software, attaching the appropriate costs
- Communicate assessment outcome to various departments, building relationships with staff at all levels.
- Work unsupervised as well as within a well-established team to targets set and completed following customer timescales and Service Level Agreements.
- Maintaining a hygienic, tidy and professional working environment, with a special emphasis on health and safety in the workplace
Choosing the right person is important to us as we continue to grow our family of now over 500 employees. To ensure we choose the right candidate for the role, we are looking for someone:
- A keen interest in the vehicle refurbishment industry
- Who can work well within a team and on their own initiative
- Able to follow instructions verbally or from a job card
- With a keen eye for detail, quality and who takes pride in their work
- With a flexible attitude to working hours and overtime
- With an ATA /NVQ certification, however this is not essential
Smart Fleet Solutions are market leaders in Vehicle refurbishment working with some of the largest fleets and vehicle manufacturers in the world. Our highly trained teams are experts in all aspects of the technical services process, including collection and vehicle appraisal, refurbishment, storage, loose-item management and vehicle imagery. With 5 sites across the UK and our constant investment in new technology, not only do we stay at the forefront of the refurbishment industry, we are continually growing.
Join our growing Family at one of our refurbishment centres and benefit from the following:
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Benefits and reward scheme – discounts from 100s of top retailers (reloadable discount card, instant vouchers, cash back)
- Progression opportunities
- Achievable team related bonus
- Progressive salary
- Career development through our SFS Academy and Group Technical Trainer
- Working in a hands-on role with on-going mentor support
- Find the role you are looking for and complete the application form
- Once completed this will be sent to our in-house recruitment team for review
- The team will be in touch to follow up your application
Apply for this position