Inspections and Logistics Manager (Automotive)
Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £50,000 + excellent bonus + benefits
Position: Inspections and Logistics Manager (ILM) Automotive
Location: Long Bennington, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £50,000 + excellent bonus + benefits
Position reports to: Group Inspection and Logistics Manager
Smart Fleet Solutions are market leaders in Vehicle refurbishment working with some of the largest fleets and vehicle manufacturers in the world. Our highly trained teams are experts in all aspects of the technical services process, including collection and vehicle appraisal, refurbishment, storage, loose-item management and vehicle imagery. With 4 sites across the UK and our constant investment in new technology, not only do we stay at the forefront of the refurbishment industry, we continue to provide our customers with dedicated and best in class service.
About the role:
You will have accountability for organising and overseeing the following areas of the business at Site:
- On-site Security
Reporting to the Group Inspections and Logistics Manager, the ILM will be responsible for all activities on-site within above areas following processes, standards and procedures whilst upholding Smart Fleet Solutions core values. You will lead, motivate and develop our on-site Inspections and Logistics teams to deliver an industry leading service to our customers, and look to continually improve the team to ensure an efficient, effective delivery.
- Determine processes and present opportunities for improvements; optimising efficiency and achieving the highest possible throughput of vehicles.
- Effectively manage the transition of vehicles in and out of site ensuring we meet the demands of our customers
- Oversee the on-site valeting processes with a focus on excellence working alongside contractor management team
- Take full responsibility of the imaging process in line with customer requirements
- Line management of Asset team to ensure day to day running of the operation
- Manage site logistics and inspections processes to minimise reworks and customer complaints.
- Manage all damage claims on site, with particular attention to the transporter damage claim process
- Overall responsibility for maintenance checks for all customer vehicles in storage as applicable
- Work alongside the Technical Services Manager to plan and oversee workflows to maximise capacity including ensuring all vehicle feeder bins are at correct capacity at all times
- Measure the impact of delays, disruptions and/or changes to plans and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure provision and maintenance of tools, equipment and consumables including the maintenance of all site vehicles
- Communication of processes and procedures, innovations and changes to team
- Establish and develop relationships with customers
- Organise the development of the team, providing feedback, ongoing training, coaching and mentoring to support improvements in performance
- Continually evaluate the team’s performance and through regular staff reviews.
- Provide advice, support and technical assistance to your team
- Facilitate the induction of new team members
- Ensure the team leaders have a thorough understanding of targets and provide effective communication to the team.
- Rigorously manage absence, leave, holidays and sickness and their impact on the department and wider business
- Elevate H&S awareness, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone
- Maintain a tidy and professional working environment, with a special emphasis on health and safety and ISO
Choosing the right person is important to us as we continue to grow our family of now over 500 employees. To ensure we choose the right candidate for the role, we are looking for someone who will be a key driver for growth whilst focusing on fast-paced delivery and talent development
Knowledge, Experience and skills:
- P&L management experience with a demonstratable background in exceeding expectations.
- Proven successful leadership within an automotive environment.
- Knowledgeable individual within the automotive sector understanding both the current and future challenges the sector faces.
- Proven ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider facts, goals, constraints and risks
- Strong technical and product knowledge with a proven track record in the automotive industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to motivate a team, especially at times of great pressure
- Initiative to problem solve in real time
- Ability to deliver exceptional results through direct reports and wider teams
- An inspirational charismatic leader.
Join our growing Family and benefit from the following:
Apply for this position
- Company Car & Fuel Card
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Benefits and reward scheme – discounts from 100s of top retailers (reloadable discount card, instant vouchers, cash back)
- Progressive salary