Workshop Controller Assistant/Trainee
Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £8.91per hour + team related bonus scheme based on efficiency and targets
Smart Fleet Solutions Limited is a UK leading vehicle reconditioning and storage specialist with Technical Centres located throughout the UK. We were recently acquired by Cazoo; the UK's largest online-only used car dealer and now have huge growth plans in place to meet our customer demand and expand our business further.
The role will cover Monday-Sunday 06.30-18.30 on a 554 shift pattern (5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off)
Are you looking to build a career in the Automotive Industry as a Workshop Controller? Do you have a passion for cars?
If the answer to the above is YES then we want to hear from YOU!
Here’s the role:
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Support Controller. You will be providing support to the workshop controller in liaising with the Refurbishment, Inspections and Parts Department.
Duties will include:
- Loading the refurbishment workshop with vehicles in priority order and Coordinate the Vehicles in Hangar Area.
- Evaluate the necessary route for vehicles into refurbishment and distribute work to the correct skill set.
- Liaise with the logistics department to control vehicle movements into refurbishment areas.
- Ensure all Workshop Feeder areas are kept well stocked at all times.
- Keep track of all Sub Contract Work ensuring a fast and efficient turnaround.
- Assist in monitoring health checks on a daily basis striving to keep numbers low.
- Ensure cars are tabbed/located in correct areas.
- Ensure holding areas are up to date and upgrades are followed up.
- Perform basic duties in Workshop Controllers absence.
- Maintaining a tidy and professional working environment, with a special emphasis on health and safety and ISO
Here’s what we require:
- You must have an in date, valid Driving Licence, and will need to declare any points if applicable as your application is processed by our team.
- Driven (excuse the pun)
- Motivated to learn
- Passionate about cars and vehicles
- Able to use tablets and hand-held software
- Flexible towards working hours and overtime
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Willingness to embrace product and customer training when required
- Excellent communication skills with a mature and professional approach
- Ready for hard work and a rewarding career
- Motivated to learn new things daily
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business and to adapt your style and technical approach as required
Here’s why you’ll love it at Smart Fleet Solutions
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Pension scheme.
- Health Cash Plan
- Birthday paid day off
- Volunteering paid day off
- Wellbeing app (Calm)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cazoo discount scheme
Dedicated to diversity: At Smart Fleet Solutions we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.Apply for this position