Trainee Vehicle MET Technician
Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £9.50 + 17% shift premium + team related bonus scheme based on efficiency and targets
Smart Fleet Solutions Limited is a UK leading vehicle reconditioning and storage specialist with Technical Centres located throughout the UK. We were recently acquired by Cazoo; the UK's largest online-only used car dealer and now have huge growth plans in place to meet our customer demand and expand our business further.
The role will cover Monday-Sunday 06.30-18.30 on a 554 shift pattern (5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off) at our Long Bennington site
Are you looking to build a career in the Automotive Industry as a Vehicle MET Technician? Do you have a passion for cars?
If the answer to the above is YES then we want to hear from YOU!
Here’s the role:
Whilst working in our specialised vehicle MET area, you will play a key role achieving a ‘right first time’ finish, meeting daily targets set within our refurbishment depart. With additional support from the team and our in-house technical trainer, the Vehicle Prepper role will involve:
- Remove & refit mechanical and electrical trims / panels / components on vehicles
- Wheel Alignment and Tyres
- Follow manufacturer repair methods to return vehicles to pre-accident condition
- Fault finding / Diagnostics
- Mechanical Skills and MET Skills
- Perform road testing (if applicable)
- Awareness & adherence to all necessary standards and H&S procedures
Here’s what we require:
- You must have an in date, valid Driving Licence, and will need to declare any points if applicable as your application is processed by our team.
- Driven (excuse the pun)
- Passionate about cars and vehicles
- Able to use tablets and hand-held software
- Flexible towards working hours and overtime
- Keen eye for detail and quality
- Willingness to embrace product and customer training when required
- Excellent communication skills with a mature and professional approach
- Ready for hard work and a rewarding career
- Motivated to learn new things daily
Here’s why you’ll love it at Smart Fleet Solutions
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Full discount platform
- Access to EAP and online wellbeing.
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus!
- Health Cash Plan
- Birthday paid day off
- Volunteering paid day off
- FREE Calm app subscription (usually £74.99)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cazoo discount scheme
Dedicated to diversity: At Smart Fleet Solutions we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Apply for this position