Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £25,000-£28,000
Smart Fleet Solutions Limited is a UK leading vehicle reconditioning and storage specialist with Technical Centres located throughout the UK. We were recently acquired by Cazoo; the UK's largest online-only used car dealer and now have huge growth plans in place to meet our customer demand and expand our business further.
The role will cover Monday-Friday 0900-1700 at our Long Bennington Site
Here’s the role:
To support the Long Bennington site management in helping to maintain a stable and motivated workforce within a positive culture, including active involvement in employee relations, reducing staff attrition and absence and providing professional HR support to the management team.
- Assisting Recruitment Co-ordinator and Site management when required
- Supporting line managers with interviews
- Completing all relevant administration
- Support site HR Co-ordinator with the completion of HR Induction
- Advise and support managers in accordance with current employment legislation and relevant policies, providing coaching and mentoring where required
- Provide first line support and advise on all employee relations issues (grievances and disciplinaries, performance improvement plans) managing through to resolution
- Escalating more complex cases where required
- Ensure completion of offer letter, contracts and new starter checks such as reference, right to work and driving licence information for site in conjunction with the Site HR Co-ordinator
- Liaise with Health and Safety to ensure Occupational Health documentation and H&S Inductions are recorded
- Carry out audit checks in relation to employee records eg annual checks
- Liaise with management team to ensure the correct documentation is completed and recorded in a timely manner i.e absence forms, probation reviews, performance reviews etc.
- Ensure the leaver process including confirmation of resignation letters is completed accurately an on time
- Communicating Company and Employee updates via the Company Intranet and in person
- Oversee the inputting of all new starters, leavers and employee amendments and absence into the HR system and onto payroll systemin line with monthly payroll submission deadlines to outsource payroll provider
- Collation and processing of all overtime and bonus information in line with monthly payroll submission deadlines to outsource payroll provider
- Liaise with HR Policy Lead on all benefits and pension information
- Ensure all GDPR commitments are adhered to
- Compile reports as and when required by HR and/or Management team as requested.
- Providing HR data on a monthly basis as and when requested
- Support the Site with ISO meetings and subsequent actions
- Co-ordinate site HR ISO actions and ensure completion
- Champion engagement initiatives including employee surveys, wellbeing, reward and recognition, internal communications and Company Values on site encouraging participation
- Work with the HR team to support Your Smart engagement and the roll out of SFS and Cazoo benefits ensuring the Intranet and benefits platform is maximised to its full potential
- Suggest and promote employee engagement initiatives across site and the wider business
Choosing the right person is important to us as we continue to grow our family of now over 500 employees. To ensure we choose the right candidate for the role, we are looking for someone:
- Demonstrates solid understanding of HR legislation, policies and procedures.
- Previous background of a similar HR Advisor role.
- Strong IT and reporting skills.
- Self-starter, uses own initiative and is able to ensure the implementation of onsite HR processes.
- Methodical approach to planning and organising workload.
- Good administration skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Confidentiality is essential within this role.
- Flexibility will be required.
Here’s why you’ll love it at Smart Fleet Solutions
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Full discount platform
- Access to EAP and online wellbeing.
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus!
- Health Cash Plan
- Birthday paid day off
- Volunteering paid day off
- FREE Calm app subscription (usually £74.99)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cazoo discount scheme
Dedicated to diversity: At Smart Fleet Solutions we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Apply for this position