Parts Specialist (Automotive)
Location: Long Bennington, Newark
Salary - £24,000 + 17% shift premium + team related bonus scheme based on efficiency and targets
Smart Fleet Solutions Limited is a UK leading vehicle reconditioning and storage specialist with Technical Centres located throughout the UK. We were recently acquired by Cazoo; the UK's largest online-only used car dealer and now have huge growth plans in place to meet our customer demand and expand our business further.
The role will cover Monday to Sunday working 06.30-18.30 554 shift (5 on 5 off, 4 on 5 off, 5 on 4 off)
Here’s the role:
The Parts Specialist will be responsible for identification and quoting vehicle part requirements directly to our customers. This is a brand new opportunity which has been created due to our company growth.
- To compete parts quotations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Quality check the information provided at main inspection, referring to notes where applicable: Utilise this information to identify the correct parts required, the part number and RRP from various online parts catalogues & over the phone.
- Carry out mechanical investigations to establish which part we require where there are multiple options.
- Input the RRP and Part number into the quotations.
- The entering of accurate information on parts quotations and orders.
- Complete quotes on average within an hour.
- Ensure delivery in an hour or same day delivery.
- Utilise suppliers within the existing supply chain. Ad-hoc supply to be authorised by Group Parts Manager.
- Ensure minimal return rates and take preventative measures towards future returns.
- Create and maintain professional relationships with all suppliers.
- Maintaining a tidy and professional working environment, with a special emphasis on health and safety and ISO
- Work in collaboration with other Parts Specialists, SFS Vendor Enquires, Stores and the Technicians to meet demanding requirements.
- Work with stores to develop a stock of items on site that achieves maximum coverage across the range of vehicles that are processed.
- To follow a job through from quote, to order and finally receipt to ensure each vehicle is completed.
- To be accountable and learn from issues relating to incorrect parts.
- To report issues with EPCs to prevent other members of the team or any other parts specialist experience problems from incorrectly listed parts.
Here’s what we require:
- Experieince in parts quotations in the automotive industry
- Previous experience working within mechanics
- Substantial experience in parts catalogues
- Experience of working within a demanding and fast paced environment
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously within agreed timescales
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with customers and team members, and takes Initiative to anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with a minimum of supervision
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business and to adapt your style and technical approach as required
Here’s why you’ll love it at Smart Fleet Solutions
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Full discount platform
- Access to EAP and online wellbeing.
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus!
- Health Cash Plan
- Birthday paid day off
- Volunteering paid day off
- FREE Calm app subscription (usually £74.99)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cazoo discount scheme
Dedicated to diversity: At Smart Fleet Solutions we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Apply for this position